Senior Software Engineer, Entrepreneur
Dedicated and driven senior software engineer and entrepreneur with over ten years’ experience developing high-quality applications for Android, Auto, Voice, TV, and IoT. Passionate about architecture, security, business management, and user experience.
- Orange County, California, United States
- [email protected]
- Jared Rummler
- Stack Overflow
Founder, CEO (Remote) at goatbytes.io
goatbytes.io is currently pivoting and in stealth mode. In the past we contracted with start-ups to build and update mobile applications.
- Utilizing the Nordic Semiconductor Android Bluetooth LE library and working directly with firmware teams, I updated the mobile application for Invoy, LLC (heathcare & medical device company) for their next iteration of medical devices which uses disposables with highly accurate chemistry to track breath acetone levels.
- Implemented a powerful Android chart/graph SDK to display personalized, data-driven insights for Invoy, LLC
- Refactored the Android application for Invoy to utilize the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) architecture pattern by using Google architecture components (LiveData, Lifecycle-aware, ViewModel, and ViewBindings).
- Developed the Android application for FloatToday (an award-winning FinTech start-up focused on tracking credit scores) making use of Equifax APIs, AES256-GCM encryption backed by secure hardware (e.g., Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), Secure Element (SE)), MVVM architecture, and libraries such as Retrofit (type-safe HTTP client by Square), RxJava (asynchronous and event-based programs), Tink (cryptographic APIs by Google), and Lottie (high-quality native animations library by Airbnb).
Senior Software Engineer for Android (Remote) at Vidaloop, Inc.
We build technology solutions that reduce voting barriers and strengthen American democracy. VotingApp.com
- Lead developer for VotingApp for Android—a native mobile voting application written in Kotlin—utilizing Kotlin Multiplatform for shared business logic across iOS and Android and integrated with enterprise blockchain technology (Hyperledger Sawtooth by Intel).
- Developed an Android security SDK for detecting root cloaking, malicious binaries, code injection frameworks, and various security threats to meet OWASP security verification standards and VVSG 2.0 requirements.
- Developed a custom mobile accessibility service utilizing text-to-speech engines, screen blackout, sip and puff device support, D-PAD navigation, contrast and text-size variations; additionally supporting Android’s native accessibility services such as Google TalkBack and Select to Speak.
- Developed a JVM library for implementing end-to-end encryption, digital signatures, certificate verification and other security and integrity related functions.
- Designed and developed cross-platform content delivery APIs for dynamic textual content changes and localization.
- Developed a QR-Code scanner utilizing Google ML Kit, AndroidX Jetpack Compose CameraX APIs, and ZXing.
- Researched and created proof-of-concepts for cross-platform technologies.
- Participated in the hiring, on-boarding, and training process.
Engineering Manager, Agile Software Engineer (Office) at TribalScale
TribalScale helps the world’s largest enterprises identify strategic opportunities to build, design, and release cutting-edge technology solutions to benefit their customers.
- Developed Honda Dream Drive—the award-winning Android Auto application for Honda Innovations—for Android Automotive OS with integrations with Yelp (restaurant data), Google Maps (street parking), and BrainTree (payment processing).
- Led and developed the Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Facebook Portal TV applications for iHeartRadio using the Kotlin programming language, Google Leanback, ExoPlayer, and reactive programming practices.
- Promoted to Engineering Manager and led teams of software engineers on projects for Nissan, Honda, NBA, iHeartRadio, and Katalyst Interactive Inc. using test-driven development practices and extreme programming (XP) methodologies.
Co-Founder, Director of Engineering at Dashhero
Dashhero is an intelligent shopping platform that allows OEMs to integrate seamless voice ordering and predictive pick-up services directly into the vehicle’s head unit.
- Developed an Android Auto prototype integrating on-device natural language processing and Google Dialogflow to order Starbucks via voice.
- Coordinated with Ford Motor Company to debut Dashero at CES 2019 in Ford’s main booth alongside other great innovators from Spin, Swarm, and RideOS.
Founder, CEO, Software Engineer at JRummy Apps Inc.
A software company with a keen focus on Android, specializing in utility applications and boasting over 50 million downloads from Google Play.
JRummy Apps was acquired by Maple Media, LLC (backed by leading private equity firm Shamrock Capital) in 2017.
- Designed, planned, developed, tested, marketed, and maintained over 25 applications, including 2 top-15 ranking paid apps and a top-100 grossing app, published on the Google Play Store generating 7-figure profit and receiving over 330,000 5-star reviews.
- Managed mobile advertising, monetization, analytics, and user acquisition strategies.
- Integrated cloud storage systems such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive into a wide range of utility applications.
- Implemented large-scale refactoring of mobile apps with a focus on modularity and architecture.
- Developed a solution to overcome the 65,536 method count limit by utilizing DexClassLoader and proguard.
- Developed apps in Java to install aftermarket distributions of the Android Operating System, flash recovery images such as ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP, customize the Android OS by streamlining the installation of typefaces, start-up animations, and application resources.
Software Developer at Control Air Conditioning Corp.
Control Air focuses on custom design, engineering, in-house fabrication, installation, building controls, maintenance, and ongoing service of commercial HVAC and Plumbing mechanical systems.
- Created and refined inventory process including developing and managing a new inventory application which saved hundreds of thousands on cost reimbursable contract jobs.
Coordinator at Stripes of a Warrior
- Coordinated with the Richard Nixon Foundation for the 50th anniversary of the National Cancer Act of 1971.
Fundraising Coordinator at Boy Scouts of America
- Taught the Programming and Entrepreneurship merit badges and organized fundraising events.
Business Administration and Management, General from California State University, Fullerton
Winner of the LA AutoMobility Hackathon from Visa Inc and General Motors Co.
Won the 1st place grand prize of $40,000 for an in-car AI-driven e-commerce platform which allows consumers to purchase items directly from the vehicle for curbside pickup, eliminating parking needs.
36k+ reputation, 8.2 million people reached from StackOverflow.com
Android gold badge and 17 others for answering questions related to software development.
I had the pleasure of working with Jared for over a year and was able to trust and rely on him immediately. Jared was a key player on multiple projects simultaneously and although, Jared and I worked remotely, he was always very communicative and proactive with his work, which helped make all our projects run smoothly. Jared is top talent, he has always been the person to go to too help figure anything out and with Jared, anything is truly possible to get done, and it's always done in an effective and precise manner using only best practices. Any team would be lucky to have Jared.
I have used several of Jared's Android apps, and they are all excellent and well-designed. They provide an incredible amount of power and functionality for a very reasonable price, and are invaluable for advanced Android users. I would also add a fourth attribute to the ones previously listed - Jared is very responsive and highly oriented toward customer service.
- Programming Languages
- Integrated Development Environments
- Operating Systems
- Platforms & Applications